Tips for Students: How to Beat Stress
It is evident that young people are the future of the society. Therefore, youth should have everything to feel happy and be in good mood. However, according to survey, 65% of college students are affected by stress. This is because most students do not only study in the college or university, but also have to work part time apart from doing multiple assignments in order to scrape for living and deal with educational expenses. They are also under stress because they do not know what awaits them in future when they graduate from the educational establishment. Students are therefore overwhelmed because they do not know how to cope with all these issues. Being a student, one does not have a spare minute to relax without a necessity to worry about something. Instead, every student feels that he/she has to achieve some goals and make some specific plans for the future. Even during holidays, students have to think of their internship to complement their CVs and work part time to get some extra money for immediate expenses. This can result in a burnout, when one feels exhausted and is unable to look at the bright side. It seems that if a student is feeling down, it is impossible to start living a stress free life. However, there are a few tips and tricks that will help every student beat stress efficiently and without much effort. Here are some of them:
- The first thing every student should keep in mind is a healthy diet. Eating fresh food and plenty of fruit is of great importance for staying mentally and physically healthy. It is advisable to drink juices containing vitamin C, such as grapefruit or orange juice, which is considered to be good for our immune system and therefore can help to cope with stress. If you are a student and always feel tired, you should regularly eat healthy food with nutritious ingredients instead of eating pizza or fast food. In particular, junk food adds to the level of stress and does not in any way help to cope with it. Try to find healthier options and your mental and emotional state will greatly improve.
- Another important point is to do exercises. Going in for sports at least twice a week is one of the best ways to reduce the level of stress. It is explained by the fact that training helps our body to produce greater amount of endorphins, which make us feel better. Even a daily walk for about 30 minutes will help to reduce the level of stress, and you will manage to start working with more efficiency and intensity. Even if you feel down and do not feel like walking at the moment, you should force yourself to go outside to some natural surroundings and you will see what benefits it will bring in the end. You can also join a sports club and go in for sports regularly. This will improve your mood and reduce the stress level. Another option is doing yoga. It is the best way to relax your mind and body.
- One more valuable recommendation is to start learning how to meditate. It may sound too simple, but if you just sit quietly with your eyes closed for about 10 minutes a day, it will help you to relax and reduce the level of stress. Even if you have never meditated before, it is worth to have a go. It is also important to learn some breathing techniques that will put your mind in a more relaxed and comforting state and bring more oxygen to your brain, which eventually will help you to beat stress.
- It is also advisable to take some short breaks regularly. This will help you to switch off and direct your mind to something other than work. You can use your weekends to have a break from studying making something fun and enjoyable. Eventually, you will proceed with your studies feeling more refreshed than ever.
- Another option is to get a pet. It is considered by many that spending time with animals has a number of positive sides, especially for our health. Even if you pat your dog for a few minutes, your body will release more hormones that will make you feel more relaxed and happier and decrease the level of stress. If your college campus does not allow having a pet, you can spend more time with your family and friends who have pets. It will be very beneficial for your state of mind to play with a dog or a cat every so often.
- Another recommendation is to get a good night’s sleep. Sleep is known as the best medicine and many people notice that even a 30-minute nap can greatly increase their productivity. It is a fact that students spend much time on social media websites, answering text messages, e-mails and phone calls. It is good to be sociable, but excessive amount of time spend on social media can aggravate the situation and make you feel even more stressed. Therefore, before going to sleep you should always switch off all electronic gadgets in order to sleep without any disturbances.
- One more tip is to reconsider your habits. If you are a smoker and think that smoking helps to relax and get rid of stress, you should know that it is not true according to many studies. In fact, nicotine suppresses serotonin, which is a hormone needed to fight stress. That is why smokers practically feel stressed all the time, and this is a good reason to quit smoking.
- The final recommendation is to try to look at the bright side all the time. Even if you missed the deadline of paper submission, try to learn from this mistake, and instead of feeling stressed simply learn to plan ahead. Even if things go bad for you, you should always remain positive and ready to learn new things.
If you liked the essay, you can buy one on our website. We provide plenty of opportunities to students to make sure you succeed in your academic experience. Explore the benefits of a quality online writing service!